Re: Cosmetic JFFS patch.

From: Paul Mackerras (paulus@samba.org)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 01:03:40 EST

Linus Torvalds writes:

> There's another side to "drumming your own drum": it is often seen as
> actively offensive to some people who don't want to do the same thing.

I agree. What usually seems to end up happening is that someone
writes 95% and gets no credit, someone else does 5% and puts in a
printk announcing their contribution loudly every time the system
boots. I recall that the old PPP driver used to print "PPP Dynamic
channel allocation code copyright 1995 Caldera, Inc." which always
annoyed me because it was a completely trivial piece of code that the
notice was referring to.

Paul.