More feature should be added into main kernel(Was: supermount)

From: Steve Kieu (haiquy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 04:32:19 EST

Just my humble opinion, please dont laugh if I am
wrong, I think:

Supermount
JFS

I use the patch from IBM ; now running JFS, and notice
a bit improved performance than Reiserfs, it is good
file system, (they release stable (may be?) release
already). But It is hard, they only give the patch for
the main version, say 2.4.x x< 5 and 2.4.5; I patch to
2.4.5 then apply the ac22 series, it spits errors,
then I had to patch manually but may be I made a
mistake somewhere, when compile it gave me errors,
Okay some one may tell me to use FOLK, but I tried
last time, and failled to compile, ( I fogot the error
message sorry, ) so now I have to use 2.4.4 with JFS.

The same for supermount, the patch is only for 2.4.0,
but this time I am ok to manually patch it.

 --- John Silva <jps@aerizen.com> wrote: > Supermount
has been integrated into the Mandrake 8

jps@aerizen.com

=====