Re: The latest Microsoft FUD. This time from BillG, himself.

From: Dmitri Pogosyan (pogosyan@cita.utoronto.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 09:22:19 EST

Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 07:50:36PM -0700, David Schwartz wrote:
>
> > More likely, Microsoft will display escalating suspicion with
> > each install, If they find out that a key is definitely being
> > abused, they will stop issuing unlock codes for it. In other words,
> > they will cause great inconvenience for pirates and little
> > inconvenience for legitimate users.

Well, this is an old as world argument used to take your freedom away -
'law obeying citizens have nothing to fear'

Why not allow police to search your car at every moment they wish ?
If you have nothing to hide, it is just a minor inconvenience, but how
many criminals will be caught ! Let us put permanent roadblocks at
every
entrance to the cities !

Or maybe we should introduce the law so you should report your
activities in written form every week to goverment authorities? If you
just work, shop, sleep - you have nothing to fear ! Moreover there will
be a standard form - available on internet- so one can just tick common
answers in the convenience of your home !

And now I have to ask permission every time I put my own purchased CD in
my computer and explain and prove that I'm not a pirate. Speak about
living in freedom.

--
CITA, University of Toronto         pogosyan@cita.utoronto.ca
60. St. George Street               tel:  1-416-978-7616 (o)