Re: Bounce buffer deadlock

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 12:50:56 EST

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Steve Lord wrote:

> OK, sounds reasonable, time to go download and merge again I guess!

For 2.4.7 or so, I'll make a backwards-compatibility define (ie make
GFP_BUFFER be the same as the new GFP_NOIO, which is the historical
behaviour and the anally safe value, if not very efficient), but I'm
planning on releasing 2.4.6 without it, to try to flush out people who are
able to take advantage of the new extended semantics out of the
woodworks..

                Linus