smp problem on 2.4.x

From: Tommy Faasen (faasen@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 13:26:45 EST

Hi,

I just want to report a problem I am having.
I have an asus P2L97-DS with 2 different PII cpu's on it.
1 is a PII 233@66
1 is a PII 350@100
Since they both run at 66 MHZ (LX board) this isn't a problem and works
fine on a 2.2.20 pre7 kernel.
However all 2.4.x kernels I make won't run on it, after (while?) mounting
ext2 / i get invalid operand 0000, trying to kill an idle task.

I have the feeling that this is due to my configuration as I believe that I
read somewhere that the stepping should be the same.

If I am doing something wrong just say it and if not then I hope you'll spot
the bug.

Tommy