Re: [patch] block highmem zero bounce v14

From: Jens Axboe (axboe@suse.de)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 18:13:23 EST

On Mon, Sep 17 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Most of it is really a cautious back port of the 2.5 stuff I've been
> > working on, and with the above considerations it is/was meant as a 2.4
> > thing :-)
>
> So better deferred until 2.5, tried in 2.5 and backported to 2.4 IMHO

Maybe. At least the first thing I would like is for the pci64 patch to
be merged in 2.4. That should be very doable without risking breakage.
When that is done it's easier to see what the block-highmem patch does.
And I believe that we _can_ merge it in 2.4 without a 2.5 trial, it's
really not that intrusive.

--
Jens Axboe