RE: v2.4.9 and sequential scan

From: conway, heather (conway_heather@emc.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 08:07:25 EST

Hi Alan,
I tried two separate hosts, one with the aic7xxx driver using the AHA-2944UW
and one with the qla2x00 driver, both running v2.4.9 attached to external
storage. Both hosts are set to 128 for the max # of SCSI disks top be
laoded as modules and the kernel has been compiled, but no other patches or
tweaks were applied to the kernel. Both hosts panicked upon boot when
trying to scan the external bus.
The host attached to the external storage via SCSI (aic7xxx) has The host
attached via FC with the qla2x00 has only 24 devices assigned to it. The
qla2x00 driver reports trying to scan up to LUN 509 before timing out and
panicking. I have tried this a few times and I've seen the host scan up to
LUN 814 with the qla2x00 driver. I obtained a serial console trace from
both hosts and have enclosed them.
Any thoughts?
Thanks for the help.
Heather