EFAULT from file read.

From: David Chow (davidchow@rcn.com.hk)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 04:16:31 EST

Dear all,

I am having trouble in reading a file in the kernel space using the
file->f_op->read call, everything is ok. I start off file->f_pos = 0 . I
also did a mntget to the super block before I call
"file=dentry_open(.....)" . I intend to open the file in read only mode.
What can be wrong? I have also check the inode->i_size is large enough
for me to just read 8 bytes from the file. I keep having EFAULT error
from the read call... also before calling mntget, also did a dget to the
dentry. Any help is welcomed. Thanks.

regards,

David Chow