NFS daemons in D state for 2 minutes at shutdown

From: VDA (VDA@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 08:46:39 EST

Hi NFS folks,

I am still fighting witn nfsd/lockd not dying upon killall5.
(they are stuck in D state for 2 mins and then die with
"rpciod: active tasks at shutdown?!" at console)

I found out that nfsd and lockd die as expected when I use
modified killall5 which do not SIGSTOP all tasks before
killing them.

Any idea why this makes such difference? Is this a bug in
nfsd/lockd or in killall5?

--
Best regards, VDA
mailto:VDA@port.imtp.ilyichevsk.odessa.ua