Re: IBMs LVM?

From: Steven Whitehouse (steve@gw.chygwyn.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 11:12:47 EST

Hi,

Just a quick update on whats going on with the new LVM stuff.... Joe had
announced a release a little while ago with some initial code which he
has been working on for a while. I've been continuing that (along with
various other Sistina people doing testing) to make the initial code more
robust and finalise the kernel/user interface.

I hope that by the end of next week we'll have the new filesystem based
interface finished and tested at which point we'll announce it again as
a suitable time for interested parties to have a look. Feel free to check
out the CVS in the mean time though :-)

In order for the driver to be useful, we need code to read metadata from
disks and write suitable tables to drive the device mapper. We are already
working on this next step but will focus more upon it when the driver is
finished.

Please send any comments or patches to the linux-lvm list,

Thanks,

Steve.