Re: 2.4.10pre10 aic7xxx problem

From: Justin T. Gibbs (gibbs@scsiguy.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 12:10:38 EST

>Hi Justin !
>
>I'm having a problem with the aic7xxx driver in 2.4.10pre10, it used to
>work fine with 2.4.10pre8. The card is a 2960 single channel SCSI2, the
>drive is a SEAGATE ST34520N rev. 1444.
>Weirdly, the 2 drivers have the same rev. (maybe you didn't change it ?),

If the version number didn't change, then the kernels are using the same
driver. I haven't been tracking the 2.4.10pre series, so I don't even
know what version is in there.

Please upgrade to v6.2.3. By default it will dump lots of interesting
debug info when a timeout occurs. You may need to use a serial console
to catch all of it. The driver can be found here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

--
Justin