Re: 2.4.10-pre13: Panic mounting initrd

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 10:52:49 EST

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Andreas Steinmetz wrote:

> This clearly shows that there's definitely something going _very_ wrong.
> Best bet is loading/decompression of initrd. As far as I'm following the list
> there were initrd modifications discussed/done by Alexander Viro/Andrea
> Arcangeli.

Not between -pre12 and -pre13, actually. OTOH, new rd.c code _is_ new
and VM modifications between -pre12 and -pre13 might affect it.

rd.c _is_ screwed up right now, so I'd recommend to be careful with
vanilla -pre12 or -pre13. I'm merging Andrea's stuff for normal
ramdisks with, erm, getting initrd into sane state, so as soon as
it gets local testing I'll post the patch.