Re: "hde: timeout waiting for DMA": message gone, same behaviour

From: Greg Ward (gward@python.net)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 14:08:06 EST

[my ATA/100 problem]

On 21 September 2001, Vojtech Pavlik said:
> Do you have the VIA IDE support enabled?

I have tried it both ways, but I think only with 2.4.2. I've only tried
one 2.4.9 build, and that was with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y. I've
just done another build with slightly different config settings
(suggestion from Mark Hahn), but haven't tried it yet. It still has
both the VIA and Promise (CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y) support enabled.

I'll report back when I've tried this kernel build.

        Greg

--
Greg Ward - Linux weenie                                gward@python.net
http://starship.python.net/~gward/