Kernel 2.4.10 and ACPI

From: Rob MacGregor (rob_macgregor@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 08:36:11 EST

I should mention that I get exactly the same result from 2.4.9. I hadn't
tried ACPI before then.

On both my desktop (based on a SuperMicro P6DGU with the Intel 440GX
chipset, l) and my laptop (HP Omnibook 450B) when I build in the ACPI system
(either as module or into the kernel) the system hangs on boot. It does
this at the point of activating ACPI. I enabled the debug mode and my
laptop dies at:

ACPI Namespace successfully loaded at root c028a6c0
ACPI: Core Subsystem version [20010831]
Executing device _INI methods:.....................

(that's 21 '.'s).

Is there anything else I can do to help track down what's causing this and
resolve it?

I'm not on the list (though I should start getting the daily digest as of
today) so you'll need to CC me if you want me to see anything.

--
Rob  |  Please ask questions the smart way: