Re: [RFC] Standard way of generating assembler offsets

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 04:49:46 EST

   From: Pantelis Antoniou <panto@intracom.gr>
   Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:35:27 +0300

   If anyone is interested I have already made a perl
   script that produces assembler offsets from structure
   members.

   It doesn't need to run native since it reads the
   header files, extract the structures and by using
   objdump calculates the offsets automatically.

BTW, I assume you have already taken a look at how we
do this on Sparc64. See arch/sparc64/kernel/check_asm.sh
and the "check_asm" target in arch/sparc64/kernel/Makefile

It also works in all cross-compilation etc. environments.
And I bet it would work on every platform with very minimal
changes, if any.

Franks a lot,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com