Re: discontig physical memory

From: Petko Manolov (pmanolov@Lnxw.COM)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 18:18:25 EST

I already did that. I fixed MAX_DMA_ADDRESS and the
kernel now reports:

zone(0): 1024 pages
zone(1): 7168 pages /* this should be 4096 */

Which is not true as we have a gap between 4 - 16MB
phys memory. I also played with add_memory_region(),
but the kernel still think we have 32MB ram instead
of 20MB as is the case.

Also it lock solid in __get_free_pages in mem_init()
Probably this is related to zone(1) wrong assumption
right?

best,
Petko