Re: Maximum size of ext2 files on ia32 is?

From: L A Walsh (law@sgi.com)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 18:04:13 EST

John J Tobin wrote:>
> I had the same problem awhile back it it was attributed to using
> outdated fileutils. I recommend getting new ones from www.gnu.org and
> seeing if that fixes the problem. It fixed it when I had a similar
> problem.

---
	Hmmm.  I have a server at work installed from RH7.1 running 2.4.4.
I did a grep of many files into redirected into a file and that fails at
2G.  But my version of 7.2 Suse doesn't.  I take it this is a recent update
to the file utils?

-linda

-- - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - _ - L A Walsh, law at sgi dot com | Senior Engineer 01-650-933-5338 | Trust Technology, Core Linux, SGI - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/