Re: PCMCIA-USB interfaces for linux?

From: frank@gevaerts.be
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 11:27:14 EST

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Ian Stirling wrote:

> Are there any PCMCIA(not cardbus)-usb interfaces around, usable by linux,
> for those of us with older laptops?

I wouldn't count on it. The 'normal' USB controller (uhci,ohci,ehci(usb
2.0)) specs are defined in terms of PCI accesses. PCMCIA means no PCI, so
even if such a card exists, I think it is very unlikely to work with
(semi)standard drivers.
However, someone on this list once mentinned he had an ISA USB adapter, so
you never know.

Frank

> -

HI! I'm a .signature virus! cp me into your .signature file to help me spread!