2.4.12, Dell i8100 hangs when unpluggin power

From: Take Vos (Take.Vos@binary-magic.com)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 12:29:41 EST

Hello everyone,

I've been running 2.4.10 and 2.4.12 on my new Dell inspiron 8100, both of
which seems to hang as soon as I unplug the power coord, or close the lid.

This problem is even without running X11 at all. Or when removing Power
Managment from the kernel and/or disabeling it in the bios.

I found a previous message on the kernel mailing list which seems to be
the same bug, I will include it here (I personaly haven't tried 2.4.5 yet):