Re: [OOPS 2.4.19] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 7ec64585

From: Morten Helgesen (morten.helgesen@nextframe.net)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 04:00:36 EST

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 01:14:14PM +0200, Morten Helgesen wrote:
> Hey again,
>
> now have a look at this - happens on the same box as the
> oops I reported yesterday. EIP still in iput(), but this time we were
> obviosuly working with swap instead of memory . This time
> it`s kswapd, and after the oops kswapd is :
>
> [13:19][admin@sql:~]$ ps -ewo user,pid,priority,stat,command,wchan | grep kswapd
> root 4 9 Z [kswapd <defunct do_exit
>
> This is not cool guys - no one else seing this ? 2.4.18 was running just fine
> on this box. I`m going back to 2.4.18 now and I`ll see if this keeps happening ... if
> it does it might be hardware related (even though that does not seem very likely) - as I
> said, the box has been running just fine with 2.4.18 for a long time.

Just for the record - 2.4.18 works like a charm.

[snip]

== Morten

--

"Livet er ikke for nybegynnere" - sitat fra en klok person.

mvh Morten Helgesen UNIX System Administrator & C Developer Nextframe AS admin@nextframe.net / 93445641 http://www.nextframe.net - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/