2.4.20 - hangs when rebooting...

From: Adam K Kirchhoff (adamk@voicenet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 21:50:04 EST

Hello all,

        I've encountered a new problem since upgrading from 2.4.19 to
2.4.20. Basically, when I go to reboot my machine, it hangs imeddiate
after it says "Restarting system". Then nothing. I have to hit the reset
button. Thankfully, though, everything has already been unmounted. I
never had this problem with 2.4.19, nor do I have it now if I reboot into
2.4.19. After it says "Restarting system", the screen blanks and the
computer reboots :-)

        My kernel configuration between the two is the exact same. The
only reason why I upgraded was for better support of my ICH4 IDE
controller on a fairly new motherboard. This is an Intel i845 with a 2
Gig P4 processor, 512 Megs RAM. Happens with both apm disabled and
enabled.

        Any ideas? :-) Thanks.

Adam