May be off topic: ioctl I_SETSIG S_INPUT setting not valid for a named pipe?

From: Joel L. Breazeale (jlb@visi.com)
Date: Sat Apr 19 2003 - 23:13:33 EST

I have a set of programs which practically demonstrate the I_SETSIG ioctl
command does not work with the S_INPUT constant for a named pipe. The errno
value returned by the ioctl call is 22. Two kernel versions demonstrating
this problem are 2.4.18-3 and 2.4.20-9.

I have already sent the details of this problem, including the sample
programs, in a message on 14 Apr 2003 with a subject of "PROBLEM: ioctl()
I_SETSIG S_INPUT option fails on a FIFO" to this mailing list. I would be
glad to send to anyone upon request.

Here are my questions:

  * Is the above ioctl deprecated for named pipes?
  * Who is the maintainer of this functionality (who presonally is
    willing to receive a problem report on this matter)?

[I would greatly appreciate a personal e-mail on this subject as I may be
dropping from this mailing list shortly due to volume and apparently lack
of interest in this subject.]

Thank you,
Joel Breazeale