[RFC] x86 kernel text replication

From: Dave Hansen (haveblue@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 19:35:35 EST

One of the vaunted NUMA features on OSes like PTX and AIX is the ability
to duplicate per-node read-only data, so that each node has a local
copy. This patch does that for kernel text.

I had to move the _actual_ text data up a bit, to get it away from the
pseudo-text stuff like swapper_pg_dir (see comment in
arch/i386/kernel/head.S). I also had to align the back end of the text
segment.

This only works on PAE, becuase I'm lazy, and nobody needs NUMA if they
have <4G of ram anyway (NUMAQ won't even compile :) It depends on the
sepmd patch, which Martin _still_ needs to readd to his tree.

--
Dave Hansen
haveblue@us.ibm.com