Re: Spurious 8259A Interrupt IRQ 7

From: war (war@lucidpixels.com)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 18:27:03 EST

Also, I am not sure how the IO-APIC & IRQ routing work, however, with the
ATA/100 TX1 (first generation promise controller, the interrupts are
shared differently.

Whether this makes a difference or has anything to do with the spurious
interrupts/messages, I am not sure.

Before:

# cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0
0: 6486628 XT-PIC timer
1: 6 XT-PIC keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
4: 647546 XT-PIC serial
5: 0 XT-PIC Crystal audio controller
8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
9: 3548883 XT-PIC eth2, eth3
11: 2601852 XT-PIC ide2, ide3, eth0, eth1
12: 38 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
14: 121950 XT-PIC ide0
15: 25 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
LOC: 6486487
ERR: 11
MIS: 0

After:

           CPU0
  0: 22081 XT-PIC timer
  1: 6 XT-PIC keyboard
  2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
  4: 2061 XT-PIC serial
  5: 0 XT-PIC Crystal audio controller
  8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
  9: 4233 XT-PIC eth2, eth3
 10: 37 XT-PIC ide2, ide3
 11: 2071 XT-PIC eth0, eth1
 12: 38 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
 14: 6037 XT-PIC ide0
 15: 24 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
LOC: 22032
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

Now to see if I get any more of these spurious interrupts...