Re: 2.5.73 Mouse

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw (jbglaw@lug-owl.de)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2003 - 12:34:51 EST

On Mon, 2003-06-23 18:21:37 +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de>
wrote in message <20030623162137.GL6353@lug-owl.de>:
> On Mon, 2003-06-23 17:11:36 +0200, Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@suse.cz>
> wrote in message <20030623171136.A21216@ucw.cz>:
> > On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:30:52AM -0400, John Weber wrote:
> >
> > > My mouse suddenly stopped working with 2.5.73. I am using a Synaptics
> > > Touchpad --
> > > with comes with a Dell laptop. (I will test with an external mouse later).
> > >
> > > The SERIO I8042 driver seems to find my mouse, interrupts are firing,
> > > and I enabled
> > > the old /dev/psaux so that userland doesn't see anything different.
> > > Most importantly,
> > > the same config worked with 2.5.72. I noticed that dmesg was slightly
> > > different across
> > > the two versions which suggests that something did change.
> >
> > Option 1)
> > Use psmouse_noext option on the command line. This will
> > restore the previous behavior easily and immediately.
>
> Will try that.

Well, it doesn't restore the old behavior. With Linux-2.5.n (n <= 72)
I could do a fast double-press onto the pad to have a left-click. This
doesn't work after supplying "psmouse_noext=1" to the module. Further
more, Windowmaker's menus don't any longer automatically pop up - I have
to press a mouse button to make that happen.

GPM (with "autops2" driver) works as before, though.

XFree uses "PS/2" as it's driver, directly using (legacy) /dev/psaux
device...

I was quite okay with the old behavior (though I haven't tested XFree
with the specialized Synaptics driver).

MfG, JBG

      ret = do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));