Re: .config in bzImage ?

From: Herbert Pötzl (herbert@13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 13:49:32 EST

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 02:36:12PM -0400, Sean Estabrooks wrote:
> There was some talk of the .config file being included
> within bzImage. Did this ever happen? If so, how
> does one extract the .config from the resulting image?

hmm, since ages I use for 2.4.x a small patch, which
includes the .config in the kernel image (gzipped or
bzip2ed). this information can be retrieved from the
procfs by zcat /proc/config.gz or bzcat /proc/config.bz2
respectively ...

you can get the patch for recent 2.4.x kernels from
my pages http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/Patches.shtml
(they are 03_kconfig* in the patchsets)

for example for 2.4.22-pre10, this would be ...
http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.22-p10c17/03_kconfig-2.4.22-pre3.patch.bz2

HTH,
Herbert