Re: .config in bzImage ?

From: Randy.Dunlap (rddunlap@osdl.org)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2003 - 16:12:44 EST

> There was some talk of the .config file being included
> within bzImage. Did this ever happen? If so, how
> does one extract the .config from the resulting image?

Alan sent my ikconfig patch to Linus a couple of days ago and it's
in 2.6.0-test-current ... except for the Kconfig part of it,
which Alan or I will send soon (if Alan hasn't already done so).

The full was (which is partially merged) is at
  http://developer.osdl.org/rddunlap/patches/ikconfig/ikconfig_260c.patch
It includes a script (extract-ikconfig) and a small C program
(binoffsets.c) that are used to extract the saved .config image.

The .config file is also available in /proc as a CONFIG option.

~Randy