2.6.0-test2 froze while installing j2sdk-1.4.2 with netbeans (low on details)

From: Lou Langholtz (ldl@aros.net)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 13:01:24 EST

Ran into a system lock up while running 2.6.0-test2 kernel and
j2sdk-1.4.2-nb-3.5-bin-linux.bin (the latest Sun Java standard kit
installer with netbeans and run as root). I'm sorry I don't have real
details. I'm not at liberty to retry the java installer right now. But
basically the system froze - no mouse movement, no caps-lock light
toggling, no ctrl-alt-backspace (to shutdown X), no ctrl-alt-delete (to
reboot), no ctrl-alt-fX (to switch to another console). If someone else
encounters this then maybe at least the info can be used to better
identify a pattern (like when this first started showing up).