Cross compiling strangeness (EXTRAVERSION oddness)

From: Adrian McMenamin (adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 14:11:22 EST

Has anybody else seen this problem? Is it me or is it generic?

I am building 2.6.0-test2 on an ia32 box for use on an SH box (Dreamcast).

I am now building some modules (I am trying to write an ALSA module for the
Dremcast's sound card) and when I use make ... modules_install, it installs
them to the /lib/modules/2.6.0-test2-sh heirarchy as it should.

However, the running kernel, build with the same tools and often at the same
time, thinks its a plain vanilla 2.6.0-test2 kernel and so tries to load
modules from /lib/modules/2.6.0-test2.

Adrian