Re: TOE brain dump

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 15:30:51 EST

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 01:13:24PM -0700, David Lang wrote:
> 2. router nodes that have access to main memory (PCI card running linux
> acting as a router/firewall/VPN to offload the main CPU's)

I can get an entire machine, memory, disk, > Ghz CPU, case, power supply,
cdrom, floppy, onboard enet extra net card for routing, for $250 or less,
quantity 1, shipped to my door.

Why would I want to spend money on some silly offload card when I can get
the whole PC for less than the card?

--
---
Larry McVoy              lm at bitmover.com          http://www.bitmover.com/lm