Re: [2.4 PATCH] bugfix: ARP respond on all devices

From: Pekka Savola (pekkas@netcore.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 01:10:53 EST

Hi,

Just a thought..

How about consider this change for 2.6 kernel series at this point, and
don't backport it 2.4 at least first and/or make the behaviour
configurable?

Upgrading from 2.4 to 2.6 should be a step big enough that folks should
revisit their more advanced configurations, causing smaller surprises.
Changing the behaviour inside 2.4.x series might not be reasonable.