Re: Memory-related problem leads to laptop freeze

From: Eugene Teo (eugene.teo@eugeneteo.net)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 22:19:56 EST

<quote sender="Eugene Teo">
> <quote sender="Randy.Dunlap">
> > On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:11:15 +0800 Eugene Teo <eugene.teo@eugeneteo.net> wrote:
> >
> > | Hi everyone,
> > |
> > | I was using kernel 2.6.0-test2-mm3. As usual, I anticipated that
> > | I will have a random freeze, and true enough, I have one after a
> > | few hours.
> > |
> > | I have attached the log. Please take a look, and advise.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > What were you doing? It seems that you have had several (repeated?)
> > problems. Were you doing the same kind of activity each time,
> > or are they "random," as you say?
>
> It is random. Even when I am not doing nothing, I get hangs. If I am
> doing something, then it probably is icqing, ircing, compiling kernel,
> editing codes, mutt'ing, that's all. I did not try to test the kernel
> real hard.

I know this is not useful info but I hope I am not the
only one experiencing this problem. If anyone can get
hold of the Fujitsu E-7010 laptop, you should be able
to reproduce this results. Let me know if you want my
.config. I have tested my ram using memtest86, no errors
at all. I have yet test a minimal kernel configuration
as suggested by Andrew but will do so later on but I am
sure it will be a painful one, even with ccache :/

Eugene