Re: Module Programming

From: Tommy Reynolds (reynolds@redhat.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 07:00:40 EST

Uttered Rafael Costa dos Santos <rafael@thinkfreak.com.br>, spoke thus:

> Where can I follow the modifications under the main functions of linux kernel
> programming between versions of kernerl?
>
> I am asking that because I have some work on that area and I want it to be
> portable to every kernel versions.

The authoritative reference for Linux device drivers is Rubini and
Corbet's book "Linux Device Drivers". You should buy your own copy
but there is an online copy available:

        http://www.xml.com/search/index.ncsp?sp-q=rubini&search=search

Linux device drivers are not guaranteed to be portable between kernel
versions, however they are usually platform-independent.

Cheers!