Re: 2.5/2.6 PCMCIA Issues

From: Misha Nasledov (misha@nasledov.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 02:06:25 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:59:43PM -0700, OSDL wrote:
> You should try with just CONFIG_YENTA - the 82365 stuff is for the old
> 16-bit only controllers.

While playing around with 2.6.0-test2 on my laptop, I tried to see if
APM support still worked on it. When I tried apm --suspend, the screen
would blank, but it would unblank as soon as I hit a key and I would
have the syslog messages "kernel: Suspending devices" and "kernel:
Devices Resumed." I found that if I ejected my card and made sure the
drivers were properly unloaded, apm --suspend once again suspended my
laptop. Under 2.4, the kernel would properly suspend while cards were
loaded, although I would sometimes have issues with waking the laptop
up if the state it was woken up in did not match the state it was put
to sleep in.

--
Misha Nasledov
misha@nasledov.com