devinit

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 18:21:23 EST

Greg KH wrote:
> I've applied the 2.6 patch to my trees and will send it on to Linus in a
> few days, thanks.

Speaking of PCI... are we gonna have to zap __devinit too? Another
option is to think of add-new-pci-ids-on-the-fly as a CONFIG_HOTPLUG
feature, which should(?) maintain the current __devinit semantics: no
re-probes.

OTOH, __devinit already is a no-op for CONFIG_HOTPLUG cases (read: most
everybody), so I wonder if we care enough about __devinit anymore? I
used the same logic to support __devinitdata removal, after all.

        Jeff