Re: Fw: 2.6.0: lp not working

From: Randy.Dunlap (rddunlap@osdl.org)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 01:22:51 EST

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 22:38:20 -0700 "Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap@osdl.org> wrote:

| | Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:43:17 -0700 (PDT)
| | From: Russell Whitaker <russ@ashlandhome.net>
| | To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
| | Subject: 2.6.0: lp not working
| |
| | Hi
| | Edited lilo.conf so I can boot either kernel-2.6.0-test2
| | (default) or kernel-2.4.21, using hda1.
| |
| | lpr a small file, no print. ctrl-alt-del and rebooted using
| | 2.4.21, file printed. Checked the two config files and could
| | not find any difference in this area.
| |
| | Printer is a Panasonic dot-matrix running in text mode.
| | Also using patch bk5.
|
| Is "Parallel Printer support" built into your kernel or built as a
| module? If built as a module, are you sure that the module is
| loaded? If modular, please provide contents of /proc/modules
| when you try to print.

I dug out my old (Panasonic) dot matrix printer (only parallel port
printer that was handy) and some continuous/fan-fold paper.
I'm using 2.6.0-test2 and it prints. However, it's not in
USASCII characters that I can read, but I suspect that's a
different problem. The good news is that my PC sends data to it.

--
~Randy
~ http://developer.osdl.org/rddunlap/ ~ http://www.xenotime.net/linux/ ~