Re: Linux 2.4.22-rc1

From: Mitch@0Bits.COM
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:40:02 EST

> Well, I only see this with 2.4.22-pre/rc, so this is definitly not a
> hardware-problem, it runs just fine with 2.4.21 at 9950 kB/s.

Sounds exactly like the problem i was having. However the logical
thought behind it was that it must be either 1) a hardware specific
problem, or 2) a generic usb driver problem. Since only a handful
of people seen the problem, then this logically leads one to the
conclusion that our usb<->ide devices have some marginal timing
issues that are being triggered with the new code.

> And running my backup on USB 1.1 is not an option, way to slow.

Well in my case i opted for the slow backup rather than the no backup
if i wanted to move forward with the new kernels.

Cheers
Mitch