urb timeouts with eagle on 2.4.20

From: Piotr Szymański
Date: Sat Sep 27 2003 - 09:48:24 EST

Hi,
I have a problem with my sagem 800 modem on my USB Controller: VIA
Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 10), using kernel 2.4.20.
After connecting to the net, the modem disconnects and I get an error:
***
Sep 27 12:51:56 niedakh NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
Sep 27 12:51:56 niedakh [Adi] Transmit timed out!
Sep 27 12:51:56 niedakh [Adi] transmit URB e5cce0bc cancelled
***
I have to reload its firmware in order for it to work again.
I talked to manypeople about this. I was told to try booting with noapic or
acpi=off. Unfortunately the same error happened with apci=off or noapic or
even both. On eagle forums I was pointed to check my controllers altency
(how do you do that?) which reminded me I had a similar situation on win2k on
the same machine, but after installing via 4in1 update for usb it started to
work properly on win2k. i google for "usb via latency" and found a via usb
latency patch for windows, I didnt find a linux version of the latency patch
for via anywhere.
Noone around knows how to fix this, so Im mailing here.
Thanks for any replies.
--
Piotr Szymański
djurban@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; djurban.jogger.pl