Re: Can't X be elemenated?

From: kartikey bhatt
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 03:10:23 EST

your graphics card (hw) is resource that needs to be managed by OS.
leaving it to 3rd party developers is an *adhoc* solution, *a stark immoral choice*.
my friend gotta new AMD athlon with nvidia gforce 32mb shared memory,
but he is on the mercy of X people to get full support for it.
for now he has to do with generic i810 driver?
any answer for that.
my question is can't X be eleminated by providing support for
graphics drivers and other routines at kernel level?