Re: Can't X be elemenated?

From: kartikey bhatt
Date: Tue Sep 30 2003 - 23:33:42 EST

hey everyone who have joined this thread, my fundamental question have got
out of scope. I mean to say

1. Kernel level support for graphics device drivers.
2. On top of that, one can develop complete lightweight GUI.
3. Maybe kernel can provide support for event handling.

and I still stick to my opinion that graphics card is a computer resource
that needs to be managed by OS rather than 3rd party developers.
Just feeding in patches to provide support for AGP gart and DRI
is an adhoc solution, a stark immoral choice.
you don't know my frustration when i got PC and wasn't able to
run X until i810 agp gart support was available at kernel level.

And if you feel that I am a guy heavily dependent on X that's not true.
I just mean to say if anything is that kernel level support for graphics device drivers.
And X will be automatically eliminated.

and if you are feeling very unhappy about my statement X is bloat,
I really apologize for that.