althoug everything is correctly configured there are netowrk problems

From: pepito perez
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 04:41:31 EST

Hello I'm quite new in this of linux. I have been installing gentoo (x86,pentium-3,athlon-xp .ISOs) on a shuttle (sk41G) and everything was correctly. But once I reboot my system to use gentoo, I couldn't ping anything, just 127.0.0.1 and my network's ip address, though everything was correct (/etc/resolv.conf | ifconfig | etc...). I meet some people who has had the same problem and in a forum they told to report this so that's what I'm doing now. ;)

I'm using kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r5, gentoo 1.4 and kernel-2.4.20.gentoo-r6 (athlon-xp iso)

That's all I can say, if you need more information , please don't doubt to request me for more.

P.S. Please excuse my english I'm not english ;)