Re: Linux 2.4.23-pre8

From: Tony Gale
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 10:12:41 EST

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 00:24, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here goes -pre8... It contains a quite big amount of ACPI fixes,
> networking changes, network driver changes, few IDE fixes, SPARC merge, SH
> merge, tmpfs fixes, NFS fixes, important VM typo fix, amongst others.

As reported earlier, this still fails to boot on my P-II (to recap,
pre6, pre7 and pre8 fail to boot - no messages after Uncompressing
kernel).

Reverting the ACPI changes in pre6 fixes it - note that I have ACPI
turned off in the config, so the CONFIG_ACPI_BOOT thing is causing the
problem, and it seems to be impossible to compile a kernel without it.

Cheers,
-tony