Re: cset #'s stable?

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Fri Oct 24 2003 - 18:35:18 EST

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:39:07PM -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
> * Tom Rini (trini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > FWIW, it's easy to go back and forth as well, bash (pure sh?) functions
> > to do it:
>
> <snipped useful shell funcs>
>
> Nice. I believe current bk lets you do bk changes -k -r<rev> to get key
> from ChangeSet file (identical to bk prs -r -hnd:Key ChangeSet), and
> echo key | bk key2rev ChangeSet to convert back. Not much simpler, but
> a little ;-)

In general, we're moving towards a BK version where keys (internal revisions,
sort of like mail message id's) are useable anywhere a rev is useable.

One place we'll be using this is on BK/Web so that you guys can have
URLs that don't change out from underneath you.

We should fix that at the same time that we turn on the GNU patch server
so you can get any changeset as a patch. The dual T1's are due in at the
end of this month.

There may be some delay, I'm away dealing with family stuff that is way
higher in priority than this but I'll try and get someone else to do it
if it takes longer than the end of the month before I'm back.
--
---