Re: Announce: Swsusp-2.0-2.6-alpha1

From: iain d broadfoot
Date: Sat Oct 25 2003 - 15:07:06 EST

* iain d broadfoot (ibroadfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> * Nigel Cunningham (ncunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > Hi all.
> >
> > I'm pleased to be able to announce the first test release of a port of
> > the current 2.0 pre-release Software Suspend code to 2.6.
>
> hurrah!
>
> The attached patch allowed the kernel to compile for me, haven't booted
> into it as yet.

when trying to suspend (either by directly echoing > /proc/swsusp/activate,
or with the script) It only gets as far as the first screen "killing
processes/freeing space" (can't remember the exact message despite
staring at it for a good 20 mins total today)

the 'r' and 'l' keys both change the message, toggling reboot and
logging respectively, but no other keys have any effect.

cheers,
iain

--
"If sharing a thing in no way diminishes it, it is not rightly owned if it is
not shared." -- St. Augustine