PMDisk and ACPI

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 08:09:55 EST

Two issues:

1) My laptop claims to support S4Bios, but it doesn't actually seem to
work. As far as I can tell, the current /sys/power/state code doesn't
actually deal with this situation - if S4Bios is detected, the list of
available states seems to be set to PM_DISK_FIRMWARE. Echoing platform
to /sys/power/disk appears to do nothing. Removing this check lets me
use pmdisk.

2) When doing a suspend to disk, the console changes and spends some
time sitting around before starting to free memory. At this point, I get
some ACPI errors saying "Unable to acquire interpreter mutex".

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx