Re: APM suspend on 2.6.0-test9 causes Toshiba 470CDT laptop to hangafter resume

From: David Brownell
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 02:49:31 EST

... it hung on sync. The kernel seems to continue working, for example I can scroll up, but anything I try to run hangs. USB seems to break as well ...

Sounds exactly like the symptoms that lead me to this patch
(against test7):

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106606272103414&w=2

The issue could show with any resume where the USB controller
lost power, so the devices (including root hub) which were
there before the suspend need to be removed during resume.
That would include swsusp, as well as D3cold.

Patrick has a similar patch, which he's not yet submitted.

- Dave