Re: 2.6.0-testX and pppd/pppoe stuck after connecting

From: Jan Ploski
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 07:39:14 EST

Andrew Borzenkov wrote:
> I can confirm it with 2.6.0-test8 and simple modem connection (no
> pppoe). Connection is established, I get IP, DNS - everything but no
> IP packet ever seems to either go out or come in. The same works just
> fine with 2.6.0-test5

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

I just wanted to remark that I had earlier the same problem with
2.6.0-test4, so it seems strange to me that 2.6.0-test5 would work ok.

I upgraded pppoe to 3.5 in hope that it would help, but that was
probably pointless given that the same problem occurs in pure dialup
context.

I can also offer help with diagnosing, but I feel that I would need some
even more detailed guidance than Andrev (preferably in form of patches,
as I have zero experience with kernel debugging).

Regards -
Jan Ploski