APM suspend still broken in -test9

From: Ian Soboroff
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 11:04:59 EST

I reported this also on -test8:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=106694328730337&w=2

and it was confirmed by two other people in that thread. I just
tested it again with -test9. Putting my laptop to sleep while X is
running, then resuming, locks the machine hard. Suspend works fine
without X (plain old console mode).

The three machines reported so far:

- Fujitsu P-2120 (me)
- Gericom ( Oliver Bohlen <oliver.bohlen () t-online ! de> )
- Thinkpad R40 ( Ruben Puettmann <ruben () puettmann ! net> )

Both Ruben and I have agp configured; he has a Radeon while I have a
r128 (Rage Mobility M). I don't know more about Oliver's config.

Can anyone else verify this? Everything worked fine in -test7; things
broke in -test8 and are still broken in -test9. Nothing appears in
the logs (which is to be expected if we crash while resuming... where
would it get logged?).

Ian