RE: Blockbusting news, results get worse

From: Mudama, Eric
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 12:44:12 EST

Um... you can do that by shorting various pins on the PCBA if you have
access to an oscilloscope, or put it under heavy write workload and remove
power.

A modern drive has many thousands of reassign sectors available, so I don't
think either of these events will cause a permanent issue.

I'd also suggest reading older ATA specs, since some vendors still support
older commands that were capable of various wierdness that might be useful.

--eric