Re: This bug appears under 2.6.0-test8 as well (was: 2.6.0-test7-mm1)

From: Ben Collins
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 15:37:06 EST

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:13:48PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 03:46:17PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > As would be expected considering I'm holding off changes to let 2.6
> > focus on core issues. The "bug" is pretty much harmless as-is, even if
> > noisy, and wont show up under normal compiles with debugging disables.
> >
> > Plus, my fix is a little more than trivial, so I'm keeping it for 2.6.1.
>
> Oh great, let's wait for the "little more than trivial" bug fixes until
> after it's released....
>
> I understand that you're busy, and your schedule may force you to wait until
> after 2.6.0, but 2.6-test is to help get the bugs out of a release, and this
> is a bug fix so it should be accepted...

Obviously you haven't been reading Linus' posts about what he'll accept
into 2.6.0-test before 2.6.0 is final. He wont take my patches, and
rightfully so.

This isn't a matter of my choice, it's a matter of timing. Get over it,
and download the latest stuff from linux1394.org if you need it that
badly. Here's a hint:

# cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.0-test9
# rm -rf drivers/ieee1394
# wget -o trunk.tar.gz http://www.linux1394.org/viewcvs/trunk/trunk.tar.gz?tarball=1